Joomla and WordPress are the best options for a Content Management Systems. Being dynamic, its heavily dependent on the MySQL and PHP. This traditionally is a problem for developing them offline. But XAMPP provides a complete package of all that Joomla and WordPress require to function on a local server. Below is a guide on how to install both of them on a local server with the help of XAMPP :-
- Download XAMPP and install/extract the folder in the C folder. XAMPP download link >> http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
- Once its successfully extracted, go to XAMPP control panel.
- Click on the start button of MySql
- Download the Joomla files from here >> http://www.joomla.org/download.html
- Go to C:xampphtdocsxampp and create a folder and extract the Joomla files into the folder.
- Open a browser and type localhost/xampp/foldername
- Follow the installation steps. By default MySql username is “root” and there is no password. Host name is “localhost”.
- Joomla is ready to be unleashed !